Miller Bros. was founded in 1910 by the late Alfred George Miller, at that time most of Miller Bros. work was in building and decorating, with the occasional funeral being requested by local families.
In 1958 Miller Bros. moved to its current position in Bargates, Christchurch. Alfred Miller passed away in 1974 and his grandson Terry Miller took control of the business, alongside his father, the late Roy Miller.
In 2011, Terry retired and Stuart Major and his wife Helen purchased the business. Stuart, who had been with Miller Bros. for 15 years, once served in the Royal Navy and saw action in the Gulf war. Helen was a self-employed hairdresser for 28 years until joining the company.
Stuart and Helen continue the day-to-day management and operation of Miller Bros. as a successful family-run independent funeral home, alongside their team of dedicated staff.